Free mindfulness tools
Welcome and thanks for signing-in. On this page you'll find a number of free tools. I'll also send you alerts about new materials and new events.
Hello from Simon!
I hope you find these useful.
Let me know!
Breathing is the most practised from of meditation. It helps us develop calm awareness, and improves concentrative focus.
When you're ready you can play the following short audio track, or download it to use later.
3 minute track:
The body scan is a core tool in developing calm and mindful awareness. By tuning in to tensions in the body, this acts as a early warning system for stress arising, giving us a moment which to step back and get perspective.
Use this 10 minute guided practice, to listen to now or to download for later use (a great thing to do at bedtime).
10 minute track:
The Five to Nine app
You can get a free app that gives a one-minute inspiration and mindfulness tip each weekday. Use desktop version or get the mobile app. See an introductory video here.
Get the app (you'll need to register separately):
Preparation for sleep
Prepare well for sleep with these tips:
- Let go of the day - make a commitment to leave your worries until tomorrow (by sleeping on it you may find an answer anyway)
- Do some exercise before bedtime.
- Eat and drink lightly, and minimise alcohol
- Forgive others - have compassion for them instead
- if you wake in the night use it as practice time eg mindful breathing
- Take a walk in the light during the day to reset your internal clock
- Keep regular bed times and routines
Meanwhile here's the track to use later:
10 minute track:
The Path Leads Here
You can get a free, signed paperback copy of my book - just pay p&p.
It is a collection of short essays, ideal for quick inspirations on how to live mindfully in a busy world. Click here to order.